Office Central has been in the office products industry for over 40 years. Office Central has grown to become a leading single source supplier of office products, computer peripherals & supplies, office furniture, rubberstamps and break room, first aid and industrial supplies along with specialized commercial servicing including office coffee solutions, promotional items and shredding. We provide National Distribution with free next day delivery.
We are seeking energetic, self-motivated with the ability to perform under minimal supervision as a full time Purchasing Coordinator working Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Analyze inventory levels of various suppliers to ensure that they meet the stocking criteria desired.
- Issuing Purchase Orders, working with vendors/suppliers to fulfill orders and troubleshoot any issues
- Assist in identifying and determining best sources for materials and services.
- Analyzing overstock/obsolete inventory and negotiate returns to various suppliers
- Managing Backorders, following up with suppliers for ETA’s, substituting products that we are unable to secure, working with other suppliers to reduce Backorders
- Assist internal & external Sales Representatives in Purchasing inquiries, special orders, large orders and unique opportunities
- Working on Out of Town orders with various suppliers, ensuring that optimum pricing and servicing are obtained
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned from time to time
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Able to work as a team and independently
- Previous purchasing experience a strong asset
- Previous office supply experiences an asset
- Very organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with a strong emphasis on excel
Please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations to email@example.com.